Version valid from 4 November 2018
We believe it is important that our customers and contacts can trust and rely on us. We therefore make a point of protecting privacy as much as possible. In order to carry out our work as well as possible and provide you with an optimum service, we collect certain personal data from our customers and contacts. Of course, we handle these data very carefully, and we manage these data securely and respectfully.
In what follows, the following terms and meanings shall apply:
- “data subject”: every customer/contact of Renson;
- “Renson”: all companies affiliated to the Renson Group*. A data subject is always a customer/contact of a company that comes under the Renson Group.
2. What does ‘processing data’ mean and who is responsible for this?
By ‘processing data’ we mean any personal data processing operation. The term ‘processing’ covers, amongst other things, the collection, recording, organisation, keeping, updating, amendment, retrieval, consultation, use, dissemination or other provision, grouping together, combining, archiving, erasure or ultimate destruction of personal data. Renson shall act as the processor of your personal data.
3. Which kinds of personal data do we collect?
Personal data is understood to mean data that relates to an identifiable person (the ‘data subject’). The personal data can be collected by Renson in different ways, during both offline and online interactions. This can be done, for example, through:
- Electronic, telephone or written contact with Renson employees or an official Renson distributor/installer;
- Completing forms supplied by Renson which, for example, are available at trade fairs, on websites, in apps, etc.;
- Completing and submitting a contact form;
- Signing up for a Renson newsletter;
- Ordering a Renson product;
- Registration of a purchased Renson product;
- Registration by an official Renson distributor/installer of a purchased Renson product;
- Participation in campaigns or competitions, interaction on social media, e.g. liking or sharing posts made by the official Renson accounts, sending an InMail, etc.;
- Cookies (see cookie statement under point 9 of this policy);
All the data that we collect can be combined in order to better tailor our products, services and offers to your personal needs.
More specifically, this may concern data such as:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Social media profiles
- Other information which we collect via fill-in forms
- As well as such data we can also collect personal data via other technologies such as cookies. These data may include:
Finally, personal data can also be collected in relation to the installation of your Renson product:
- Installation date;
- Client EPB file;
- Measured air flows per room;
- Completion date;
All the data that we collect can be combined in order to better tailor our offers and services to your personal needs. As required by law, we do not process any sensitive data, including data about your race or ethnicity, political beliefs or sexual orientation.
We process personal data for various purposes. We only ever process the data required in order to achieve our intended purpose.
For instance, we use personal data:
- With obtained permission;
- In performance of a contract;
- In order to satisfy a legal or regulatory obligation;
- If Renson has a legitimate interest that outweighs the interest of the data subject. The following purposes require that we use your personal data:
- Processing requests from visitors or providing requested documentation;
- Enhancing our client portfolio;
- Registering purchased products;
- Optimising our customer service;
- Resolving any problems customers have with products;
- Promoting products and services by Renson and its affiliated companies (direct or indirect customers) via direct marketing;
- Communicating personal notifications and campaigns based on collected information about your use of our websites, by means of cookies or similar technologies; ∫ Analysing and optimising the user experience on our website;
5. How do we secure your data?
We guarantee that our security policy for processing personal data is always adequate and features the latest technology in order to protect against unauthorised access, disclosure or loss.
In order to achieve said purposes, only persons who have been authorised to do so have access to personal data. These persons may therefore only process the data further if this is necessary to achieve these purposes.
Renson guarantees that it has taken adequate practical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality of data in its internal operations.
7. Do we sell your data to third parties or do we pass your data on?
Personal data can be shared with partners or with other Renson companies for the same purposes. The personal data are not, under any circumstances, exchanged with, sold to or communicated to other organisations, unless the customer/ contact has been informed of this and has explicitly consented to this. Without explicit consent we shall not sell any personal data to third parties, nor shall we pass such on to third parties, unless:
- Such is provided to our legal successors;
- This is required for our services;
- There is a legal obligation incumbent on us;
- There is a legitimate interest for Renson or the third party concerned.
In the event of an international transfer of personal data we shall protect your data according to the level of protection required by European law.
We can use anonymous, aggregated data for commercial purposes or for external reporting. Such data can never be traced back to a certain individual.
8. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
On request, the customer/contact can always access his/her personal data and have it corrected or deleted. Here, due regard should be paid to the statutory retention periods. Moreover, the customer/contact is entitled at any time to request that his/her data no longer be used for direct marketing purposes. The user can send a corresponding e-mail at any time to email@example.com.
9. Cookie statement
Cookies are enabled as standard by your browser. For optimum use of our websites it is recommended that you leave cookies enabled. If you prefer not to, you can disable cookies manually as follows, depending on your browser:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/nl-BE/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=nl_NL
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-...
Types of cookies
Different types of cookies exist, each with its own specific purpose. We use functional, analytical and tracking cookies. This is done entirely in accordance with the applicable policies of external partners such as Google (https://policies.google.com/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/)
10. Stay informed about changes